Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Oakwood Canadian Bistro - Sharing Plates

I visited The Oakwood Canadian  Bistro a few weeks ago with C and J since I enjoyed their food a lot when I went during Dine Out Vancouver a few years ago. I was surprised to find that they had switched to a sharing menu, which I'm not really a huge fan of since I always think the portions sizes are too small. We decided to get a few dishes.

Pulled pork, miso pancake, smoked korean BBQ sauce, apple, crispy onion. Comes with three small pancakes on a platter.
Warm kale salad, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, buttermilk onions, lemon parm. This was surprising really good, as the veggies were roasted and while I'm not a fan of Parmesan cheese, it wasn't too overpowering in the dressing.
Seared scallops, crispy and roasted celeriac, pear, dijon mousse, boudin noir puree. A gorgeous dish with three scallops.
Mussels, tomato chipotle cream, cilantro, house baguette. The sauce was very creamy and perfect for soaking up with the bread.
The food was delicious but like I was afraid, the portion sizes were very small for the price. That being said, the restaurant is very homey with a roaring fireplace and cool decor and it's a cool place to go just to share food and chat!

 The Oakwood Canadian Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: