Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Marutama Ramen

I headed downtown with the girls from work last week for some ramen. Marutama Ramen is located at 778 Bidwell Street, quite far downtown. I usually don't head that way but Marutama is known for only using a chicken broth soup base for their ramen noodles so I had to try it. I ordered the classic ramen with the egg - it came with some seaweed and green onion on top. The noodles were the thin kind (think wonton soup noodles) which was good, though I prefer it to be thicker and more chewy. The best part were the garlic chips!


Kakuni - pork belly stewed in Marutama special sauce.
Fried garlic chips - there is a container at each table, and I poured it all over my ramen! Mmm!
Tamago Ramen - comes with a soft boiled flavoured egg in chicken broth.
Marutama Ra-men Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: