Sunday, December 02, 2012

Christmas Party at Al Porto

Even though it's very early in December, my company had it's Christmas party already yesterday. The party was held at Al Porto (321 Water St), an Italian restaurant located in historic Gastown. I actually had a bit of trouble finding the place because there is a small hallway that leads to the side entrance! We had a private room downstairs for our festivities.

There was a four course set menu that we got to choose from. I ordered the smoked salmon, gnocchi, sablefish and tiramisu. The food was very good! First of all, you can't go wrong with smoked salmon. The gnocchi was small and the tomato sauce worked well with it. I opted for the sablefish - the texture was very smooth (which I like!) and it flaked nicely. Yum! Of course, the part of dinner I look forward to is dessert! I chose the tiramisu because I was told it was delicious, and it was! The chocolate ganache torte was also very good - very rich and chocolatey! Everyone had a great time at the party and enjoyed the food. Definitely a great place to go for a night out!


Smoked salmon with capers and onions.
Organic mixed greens with dijon and olive oil vinaigrette.
Gnocchi with mushrooms and shaved parmesan.
Pan seared sablefish with lemon and tarragon sauce. Zucchini, eggplant and mashed potatos on the side.
Grilled beef tenderloin with green peppercorn sauce.
Tiramisu.
Chocolate ganache torte.

Al Porto on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Jennifer Dysart said...

Wow that all looks soooo good! Especially the dessert :)

Unknown said...

Yum!! I love good night of food, wish there were one of these restaurants by me!