Thursday, October 11, 2012

La Pentola della Quercia - Traditional Italian Cuisine

La Pentola opened in Opus Hotel (replacing Cento Notti) last month, serving Northern Italian cuisine. The menu is divided into the traditional Italian structure of a meal, including stuzzichini, antipasti, primi, secondi, and contorni. There were plenty of interesting sounding items on the menu.

Nothing new, but always delicious, I opted for the bruschetta to start off. As a second starter, I tried roast bone marrow for the first time, and it was delicious! It was a soft and very flavourful, spread on crostini with a dollop of the salsa verde. I definitely will have to order bone marrow again in the future! Not really a fan of pasta, I went with the stuffed trout for the main course. It was good, but the zucchini sides were a tad too salty. As a side dish, I ordered a bowl of mixed mushrooms. Of course, I couldn't leave without having dessert! I wanted a traditional Italian dessert, so I got a semifreddo - a frozen pudding. This was also the first time I tried a semifreddo. It was much like ice cream, and very good. I only wished the serving size was larger! After all, you can never have too much dessert!

All the dishes were presented beautifully, and the service was excellent. La Pentola is a great little place to go for a good Italian meal, cooked and presented with care. To check out their menus and make your own reservations, check out their website.

La Pentola, located in Opus Hotel in Yaletown.
A little bread box with olive oil to start off.
Bruschetta to start. It was very good with sweet tomatoes on toasted bread.
Antipasti: Roast bone marrow, salsa verde, crostini.
Trout involtini and zucchini trifolati.
Mushroom trifolati.
Semifreddo with almond praline, biscotti and chocolate sauce.
Sugar biscuit to end the meal.
La Pentola della Quercia on Urbanspoon

No comments: