Monday, August 06, 2012

Victoria and Albert Museum #TakePart2012

One of the museums that everyone who lives in London raves about is the Victoria and Albert Museum. While not quite as exciting as The National History museum (to me anyway!), there were many interesting sculptures and artifacts found at the V&A museum that makes it worthwhile to visit. There is quite the eclectic mix of things to see, from ballgowns to sculptures to snuff boxes. The museum is a bit of a maze, with six floors of exhibits, so make sure you have ample time to wander through. I was pressed for time so sped through as many exhibits as I could, though I wasn't able to see everything. The jewelry exhibit was one of my favorites.

Sign outside the tunnel entrance.
This sculpture is hanging in the ceiling at the main entrance.
Neptune and Triton
Spiral of gemstones!
Variety of crosses.
Iron work.
Ballgowns.
Stained glass

No comments: