Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'm in LONDON! #TakePart2012

It was an exciting day, as I headed to the airport to start my trip to the London Summer Olympic games! I arrived at the airport to find that my flight was delayed for 40 minutes, so I sat around. My flight was about 9 hours long - I managed to watch 3 movies. I was unable to sleep because it was just too noisy, so I was extremely tired by the time we landed - about 4am Vancouver time! I took the tube to the hotel, getting of at Westminster station and was greeted by Big Ben. It was amazing to see it again! A short walk from the station took me to the hotel, where I had free time to rest before meeting up with the rest of the Mobilers for dinner. Thank goodness, because I was about to collapse. I took a nice 1.5 hour doze.

By dinner time, six Mobilers have arrived and we were taken to a restaurant across the hotel for dinner. Afterwards, we took a stroll along the river and further into the centre of London. Our hotel is only a few steps away from the London Eye. It's amazing!

The London Eye
Westminster Palace and Big Ben


Stumbled upon this while wandering around London
The Olympic countdown clock
The National Gallery - I might go visit if I have time!
We ended up going to The Chandos, a very popular pub in London. We all played darts for the first time!

No comments: