Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Do You Own Your Own Business?

I went to The National Franchise and Business Opportunities Show this weekend because my sister and I have been wanting to start a business of some sort (no idea what though) for some time now, and we decided to check out this show to see if anything piqued out interested. There weren't too many companies there - mostly restaurants, coffee shops and beauty product companies. The only one that I was really interested in was vending machines and we went to several information sessions but decided that it wasn't for us, only because I think the market is saturated already and Vancouver is too health-conscious for there to be much money made. Not to mention we both work full time so it would be difficult to find the time to stock the machines! We are back to square one now. Any ideas? Do you have your own home-based business or do you own a franchise?

No comments: