Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Departed - Movie Review


I dug through my movie collection during the weekend and watched some older movies. The Departed boasts a large cast of big stars, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, and Alec Baldwin.

The Departed is a crime movie that follows Irish mob boss Frank Costello (Nicholson), and a mole he plants within the Massachusetts State Police, Colin Sullivan (Damon). Billy Costigan (DiCaprio) is recruited to go undercover to work for Costello. The mob and the police eventually figure out they both have a mole in their organizations and Sullivan and Costigan has to try and discover each other's true identity before they are found out.

It was very interesting to see how all the character's stories intertwined and I was always at the edge of my seat, afraid of the person being found out! I really enjoyed the movie, and I was expecting to, as The Departed won four Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director (Martin Scorsese) back in 2007.

No comments: