Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple iPad - Product Review

So I've been using the Apple iPad for a while now and thought I'd share some of my thoughts on it.

The iPad comes in a regular Wi-Fi model and 3G model as well (which is about $100 more). The LED-backlit screen is touch sensitive and 9.56 x 7.47 inches, which makes it a little cumbersome to carry around in my purse (why not just use a phone and/or iPod?!) so I don't. The battery life is good, at 10 hours of surfing.

While it's definitely lighter than my laptop (1.5 lbs, 1.6lbs for 3G), has a fast start-up time and of course, the apps, a huge biggie puts me off: it doesn't support Flash. Steve Jobs, what were you thinking!! A lot of the sites I visit and videos I watch is Flash and so I'm limited to what I can do on the iPad. And no camera? What! It's pretty useless to me, except for checking my email and social media sites, or going on Youtube. Can't even watch my tv shows on it. Humph.

I still think it's just a glorified giant iPod and definitely not worth spending $549-$879 for one. It seems people automatically think a product is the greatest thing ever just because it has the Apple logo on it. Nice work on the marketing, Jobs.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab is coming out soon as the direct competition to the iPad, and I'm eager to see how it compares. Can't wait until November!

No comments: