Friday, July 23, 2010

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Game Review

I finally finished playing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS a couple of months ago, and never got around to posting my review for it. This is the first Zelda game I ever played (yes, I was very deprived from video games as a child).

In The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, you start off as Link searching for the Ghost Ship but Tetra gets kidnapped! It's up to Link to rescue her, and on the way, meets a fairy named Ciela and a treasure hunter, Linebeck. I enjoyed the way the game is told as a story, and is packed with adventures and puzzles, and injected with some humor. The controls were easy to use with the new touchscreen system. While enjoyable, I began to dread going back to the same temple and going through all the levels again and again and again. I was told this is a common theme in all Zelda games, which made me avoid opening the newest Zelda game for the DS, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, even though I've had it for almost half a year now. Yes, it's just sitting in my room, unopened.

There are side quests that include fishing and finding items. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is a very entertaining game that keeps you busy - make sure you have large chunks of time to play before you take a crack at it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

demon frog said...

I'll open AND play it for you XD I love zelda games!!!