Friday, June 25, 2010

Student Price Card coming soon!

The Student Price Card (SPC) is a discount card for students at tons of major retailers and restuarants. You need to have a student ID (some retailers will ask to see it, some won't). I've never bought an SPC when I was in highschool because I didn't really shop at a lot of the stores that offered discounts. I finally caved in and got one last year, and it was well worth it. You can get 10% off at The Bay, Zellers, The Source, etc. The prices raised a little this year, from $8.50 to $9 a card. If you order online, you pay an extra $2 shipping, but you also get a $10 when you spend $xx coupon. Last year, I waited until they had a double coupon day promotion, so I got 2 $10 off when you spend $50 Best Buy coupon.

You can preorder your 2010-2011 SPC now to get a $10 off coupon. I don't really shop at the stores they are offering coupons for so I think I will wait until July and buy my card in store. I have heard that they change the coupons once the card becomes available, so it is up to you.

Not a student? Don't fret! LouLou magazine offers a VIP SPC that anyone can use. You just need to subscribe to the magazine (last year it was about $14), but if you shop a lot at the places, then you'll make back your $14 in no time.

Check out the website http://www.spclive.com/ to order yours today!

No comments: