Friday, June 25, 2010

The Nanny

I've been trying to get through all my TV shows that I have in boxed sets and now that I'm done with Friends and Mad About You, I've moved onto The Nanny. So far there are only 3 seasons out on DVD, and I used my free Amazon.com gift cards that I got from Irazoo to buy the 3rd season, woot woot. I've powered through the first 2 seasons, and now I'm in the middle of the 3rd.

The Nanny is a hilarious sitcom from the 90's. I used to watch it when I was in elementary school, and my friends and I were totally obsessed because it was so funny! Fran Drescher stars as Fran Fine, a cosmetics sales girl who was hired as a nanny off the street by Broadway producer Maxwell Sheffield when there was a confusion. Her unorthodox way of raising the children stir up some pretty hilarious antics and the banter between the butler Niles, and Mr. Sheffield's business partner CC is pretty great too.

I'd definitely recommend this show because it's one of my all time favorites! I can't wait for the rest of the seasons to come out on DVD (apparently it's taking so long because there are a lot of cameos from a ton of famous stars and they need to sign release forms or something like that!).

No comments: