Friday, March 05, 2010

Pin Collection! Anyone Want to Trade?

I blogged about collecting lapel pins before, and now that the Olympics are over, I thought I'd post up how I did. I started out with 7 pins (2 non-Olympic) in my collection and it grew from there. I took my 2 non Olympic pins and traded them at the Coca Cola Pin Trading Centre at The Bay for two Olympic Coke pins. Then the rest of the pins, I got from visiting different pavilions or I won from contests/draws or just got for free from people. Any extras I got I traded away. And Voila! 111 pins (plus another 3 non-Olympic ones not shown)!!! The best part was, I didn't have to spend anything on these pins! I was just saying how collecting pins can be an expensive hobby (they sell for $8-10 in stores) but I proved that if you are a savvy pin collector, it doesn't have to cost you anything! If you do want to get a jump start, go out and buy some pins at 50% off and use those to start off your collection to trade at the Paralympics.


I hope you all had the chance to pin trade during the Olympics. After all, it's a sport that everyone can participate in! Some pin traders told me that there will still be pin trading going on during the Paralympics, so hurry and get your pins now!

No comments: