Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pirate Latitudes - Book Review

I finished reading Michael Crichton's latest (and last) novel, Pirate Latitudes last night. As usual, it was an excellent read. Crichton is my favorite author, and with good reason! All his novels are exciting and gripping, with interesting topics. Pirate Latitudes is about a group of men who go on a privateering expedition (not pirates!) to capture the treasure from Mantanceros. Of there, there is a lot of fighting, ship wrecks, and treasures.

Crichton passed away last November from cancer, and Pirate Latitudes was found as a complete manuscript by one of his assistants. How sad that this is his last book ever! I have read and bought almost all of his books (I think I am missing one, two now that this is out) because he is just THAT good a writer. Go order your copy today, you won't regret it!

No comments: