Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The House of the Dead: Overkill - Game Review

I picked up House of the Dead: Overkill for the Wii during the boxing week sale at Best Buy. The game is going for only $14.99 right now until January 3, 2010. My sister and I just finished the game tonight, it only took us two nights! It's a good shooting games, great for those people who used to play House of the Dead games at the arcade, or anyone who is a fan of the series. I haven't played the other Wii games in this series, but it's probably quite similar. I found the game to be too short though. It only took about 15 minutes to finish each chapter, and there were only 7 chapters. You are able to play by yourself, or partner up with someone else. After you complete the story mode, you unlock the director's cut, which is the same story but harder. There is guts and gore and a lot of swearing, especially f-bombs, so this game is definitely not recommended for younger children. I enjoyed the game even though it was too short, but at that price ($9.99 after using my $5 Nintendo coupon!) I can't complain! Go pick yours up now!

No comments: